Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MBBS years, bring it on!

Assalamualaikum and greetings :)

Woww. I'm currently sitting on my bed in my new house. And guess what?

I'm officially a degree student!

Wooooohoooo~~ Can you believe that? No? Me either! Haha. So, new house, new environment, and new stage of life. Anxious, excited, nervous, freaking. They're all just mixed up. 

I was sooooo excited at first to start study. But at the end of my holidays, I felt really awful.

First, I've spent those 3 months of holidays at home with family and my best friends. I think that's the longest period I've been at home. Having your family who would prepare your meals and being with you all the time, chilling with your best friends everyday (tak everyday sangat lahh) are all that you need. So, it's quite hard, err no, it's reeeally hard to just let those things go just because you need to go somewhere far to chase your another BIG dream!

Then, there the tears go. I remember every single little tiny things that my parents have told to me. Lots and lots of them. Especially when they remind me on how I should be cautious in my studies as they don't want me to repeat my mistakes during my foundation period. My parents really succeed to break my egoistic wall as gallons of tears streaming down on my face. I don't know. Hmm I've been in boarding school for 5 years but this is the worst homesick feeling ever! And I was shocked to see Ibu cried after hugging me. There, I also succeed breaking her egoistic wall. She's not that mean virulent, or heartless as I thought. She does care but she just never show it. Meanwhile, Ayah was pretending so cool during the last goodbye. He said "Dah. Jangan sedih-sedih. Happy go lucky. Senyum sikit" Aaaaaaaaaaaa now I'm crying. Haha :')

Ouh and I do miss my buddies a lot. Haha.

New stage of life. Lots of things I should handle by myself. Financial planning and management, time management, studies, physical and mental health, my own safety living in this spooky scary urban areas full of silent crimes everywhere fuhhh. 

But yeahh, those are the challenges in this stage of life. I just need to survive, and learn. Perhaps you should too.

And just found out about Declaration of Geneva today. Probably it would be my oath too :)


AT THE TIME OF BEING ADMITTED AS A MEMBER OF THE MEDICAL PROFESSION (medical student for now hihi) :
  • I SOLEMNLY PLEDGE to consecrate my life to the service of humanity;
  • I WILL GIVE to my teachers the respect and gratitude that is their due;
  • I WILL PRACTICE my profession with conscience and dignity;
  • THE HEALTH OF MY PATIENT will be my first consideration;
  • I WILL RESPECT the secrets that are confided in me, even after the patient has died;
  • I WILL MAINTAIN by all the means in my power, the honour and the noble traditions of the medical profession;
  • MY COLLEAGUES will be my sisters and brothers;
  • I WILL NOT PERMIT considerations of age, disease or disability, creed, ethnic origin, gender, nationality, political affiliation, race, sexual orientation, social standing or any other factor to intervene between my duty and my patient;
  • I WILL MAINTAIN the utmost respect for human life;
  • I WILL NOT USE my medical knowledge to violate human rights and civil liberties, even under threat;
  • I MAKE THESE PROMISES solemnly, freely and upon my honour.

InsyaAllah amiin :)
Say bye to childhood times,
Say hye to the new adult version of me (in the making lahh),
Say no to  run away from problems,
Say yes to fight fight fight.

What am I waiting for? Let's rock the MBBS years yaw! 

-Aqilah Rosli-

No comments: